Click on thumbnails to enlarge
| Blue Peter was launched in 1930 although the teak used in her contruction was bought in Thailand in 1870. She was designed by Alfred Mylne in 1929, and built by W.King & Sons of Burnham-on-Crouch. She was named The Blue Peter after the 'P' Flag, which is used as the five minute signal before starting a race. This was intended to bring her luck whilst racing. It worked & she went on to win over 50 races, sailing out of the Royal Corinthian Yacht Club in Burnham-on-Crouch.
The present owner bought her in 1999 and took her to Italy where he spent the next 3 years restoring her back to her original splendour. Blue Peter is now available for charter on the Mediterranean classic race circuit and having had some great results over the last few years; for any classic racing enthusiast she is a highly competitive yacht. The owner skipper is equally happy to offer her for a cruise along the French Riviera, corporate hospitality and for company tean building exercises.
|| W.King, England
|| Teak on Oak with teak decks & superstructure
|| 1 x 145hp Iveco
||15 litres/per hour
|Communication & Safety Eqpt:
|| VHF Radio, mobile phone, life raft
|Ttl Guests (sleep):
|Ttl Guests (cruise):
|| NA One double cabin,two twin berths & one single cabin, there are 2 wcs with showers a large saloon and fully equipped galley
| Western Mediterranean,Riviera,Corsica, Sardinia,Naples,Balearics,Spain & Classic regatta venues
back to top | back to Yachting International